Celebrating 16 Years of Strictly Organic Coffee Co.
Richard and Rhonda, who own and started Strictly Organic Coffee Co. in 1999, embraced this philosophy. Since the beginning, Strictly Organic Coffee Co. has been a leader in the specialty coffee industry and as a local small business in tackling and adopting sustainable business practices. We are constantly re-analyzing and improving the way we live and do business to positively affect our health both individually, collectively and the planet as a whole.
We have been awarded the Central Oregon Environmental Center Greenspot Award, the Human Dignity Coalition Business Award as well as the Jobs with Justice Employer of the Year Award. Strictly Organic has provided company-paid insurance for its full-time employees (currently 16 people) since 2005.
A sustainable cup . . . Drink it Up!
- 100% organic coffee certified through Oregon Tilth and the USDA National Organic Program
- 100% Fair Trade coffee certified through TransfairUSA.
- Fair Trade is an organized social movement and market-based approach to empowering developing country producers and promoting sustainability. The movement guarantees the payment of a fair price as well as social and environmental standards in areas related to the production of a wide variety of goods.
- Biodegradable cups, utensils and to go containers
- Blue Sky Energy
- 100% organic milk products
- Coffee grounds, coffee chaff from roasting and kitchen food byproducts are recycled through Fields Farm as mulch for agriculture.
- Recycle paper and plastic products.
- Re-use incoming box materials for outgoing UPS and Postal Service coffee mail orders--95%.
- Partner and support local “green” organizations such as E2 Powered, Central Oregon Environmental Center, Bend Metro Parks and Recreation.
- Utilization of coffee roasting technology (afterburner) that reduce emissions.
- Biking coffee orders to our downtown restaurants, offices and individual customers. Great exercise and low carbon impact.
- Our jute coffee bags are given away to be deconstructed and reconstructed into retail products made by local artisans.
- Our support of local non profits through coffee donations such as – Volunteers in Medicine, The Hospice Center, Bend Spay and Neuter, Saving Grace, Neighbor Impact, Bethlehem Inn, Habitat for Humanity
- Our restaurant and warehouse is painted with Yolo Paints – environmentally friendly with no VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- Our school partnerships and fundraising programs. (Waldorf, Amity, Cascades Academy, Pineridge, Sunrise).