Our Vision & Values
Celebrating 10 Years of Strictly Organic Coffee Co.
Today there is a growing community movement spanning the globe, to be more conscious of our actions, whether it be shopping, eating or even drinking a cup of coffee - as in our case.
Richard and Rhonda who own and started Strictly Organic Coffee Co. in 1999 embraced this philosophy. Since the beginning, Strictly Organic Coffee Co. has been a leader in the specialty coffee industry and as a local small business in tackling and adopting sustainable business practices. We are constantly re-analyzing and improving the way we live and do business to positively affect our health both individually, collectively and the planet as a whole.
It is with this in mind that Strictly Organic Coffee Co. is celebrating it's 10th year Anniversary. This milestone has been achieved by the amazing support of individuals and a community that believes that delicious coffee can be built on a practice that embodies a holistic approach to sustainability.
A sustainable cup . . . Drink it Up!
The Strictly Organic Coffee Co. story of operating a successful business on a sustainable model is an effective representation for all current and future business owners. Some or all of these practices can be implemented without specific regard to product or service. It is more a shift in thought process with a vision toward the future of our world. I have listed a few of our daily practices below:
- 100% organic coffee certified through the Washington State Department of Agriculture and the USDA National Organic Program
- 100% Fair Trade coffee certified through TransfairUSA.
- Fair Trade is an organized social movement and market-based approach to empowering developing country producers and promoting sustainability. The movement guarantees the payment of a fair price as well as social and environmental standards in areas related to the production of a wide variety of goods.
- Biodegradable cups, utensils and to go containers
- Blue Sky Energy
- 100% organic milk products
- Coffee grounds, coffee husks from roasting and kitchen food byproducts are recycled through Fields Farm as mulch for agriculture.
- Recycle paper and plastic products.
- Re-use incoming box materials for outgoing UPS and Postal Service coffee mail orders.
- Partner and support local “green” organizations such as E2 Powered, Central Oregon Environmental Center, Bend Metro Parks and Recreation.
- Utilization of coffee roasting technology (afterburner) that reduce emissions.
- Biking coffee orders to our downtown restaurants, offices and individual customers. Great exercise and low carbon impact.
- Our jute coffee bags are given away to be deconstructed and reconstructed into retail products made by local artisans.
- Our support of local non profits through coffee donations such as – Volunteers in Medicine, The Hospice Center, Bend Spay and Neuter, Saving Grace, Neighbor Impact, Bethlehem Inn, Habitat for Humanity
- Our restaurant and warehouse is painted with Yolo Paints – environmentally friendly with no VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- Our school partnerships and fundraising programs. (Waldorf, Amity, Cascades Academy, Pineridge, Sunrise).
These are just some of the sustainable (or green) practices that acknowledge our commitment to our wonderful clients, neighborhood, community and global welfare.
I hope this sheds some insight into the Strictly Organic Coffee Co. business philosophy that balances sustainable practices in conjunction with profitability. Richard and Rhonda are passionate about coffee but equally passionate about making our community and world a better place today and for the future.
A delicious cup of coffee brewed towards a better tomorrow. A sustainable cup – drink it up!